I've been fighting TWS when adding new projects to a solution.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add new project to existing solution (I right-click the solution and Add Project)
- The sandbox in question is a newly refreshed sandbox
- When entering the sandbox credentials TWS reports they are incorrect, but the salesforce login history says: 'Failed: Computer activation required'
- When retrying after a password or token reset, no new Login attempts appear. Only after I restart TWS and try to add the project again I see login attempts again.
Login with this user on the required sandbox via the test.salesforce.com login page and verify your computer.
Then restart TWS and add project to the solution.
I think there are 2 issue's
- The 2-step authentication doesn't show in the TWS interface. (perhaps you should start using oauth?)
- The failed login is cached somehow and no consecutive login calls are being made to the API (at least not when adding a project, perhaps it's always the case?)