Hi, we're doing an initial build with an implementation consultancy handling most of the build on our production environment. I'm working on a small custom app in a Sandbox. I refreshed my Sandbox to get all of their recent setup, keeping all of my changes locally. I updated my new security token in TWS Mac and tried to deploy my local files back to the Sandbox. It's telling me to pull first, but when I go to pull it's asking me to delete all of my local files. How can I get my local changes back into the Sandbox?
Posted Feb 21, 2017
Thank you for contacting us with this issue.
In general, when you deploy/build files from The Welkin Suite, the IDE updates them on your Organization.
In you case, after you refreshed the Sandbox, the remote files are deleted on it, and TWS didn't find related files which should be updated. This is why when you are deploying, the IDE asks you to pull. As a result, the files which are present locally are absent on remote and you are asked to delete them in your TWS project.
While we are investigating ways to handle this case, you can use an intermediary Sandbox to save your local changes to your Sandbox. Here are the steps for this:
- please create one more Sandbox for your production environment;
- open your existing TWS project related to your working Sandbox where the local files are present;
- use the 'Deploy to organization' option to upload the necessary files to the newly created Sandbox; this way you will get these files on the second Sandboxes;
- please create TWS project related to the second Sandbox, download the files which you need to save (your local files);
- use the 'Deploy to organization' option to upload the necessary files to your working Sandbox.
If you have any additional questions, please contact me. I will be happy to answer them.
The Welkin Suite