As most of the WS people I'm currently going through the release notes and I'm playing around with all the new toys you gave us.
But I have some problems with the create from sources. So here is what I did. I created a normal WS Project linked to a sandbox (a sandbox that no one uses).
I then created a new WS Project with "create from sources". I selected the src folder from my other project and linked it to the same org. I used the option to copy the sources to my project folder.
I then connected this project to the same org as the first project was also connected to.
After the comparison WS found a lot of items with the status "local". But all of these were (of course) available on the org. Also the screen "Connect project to an organization" looks different than the one in the blogpost. I don't have options like merge or something. It is just a list with three columns "Status, Items name and Type".
When I click finish and immediately select "pull changes from salesforce" WS tries to locally delete all items beforehand flagged as local.
If you need more logs or I should show this via screenshare, you can mail me all the time.