The Welkin Suite Forum

Error when pulling from SF while using SVN



Error when pulling from SF while using SVN

  • Please log in to reply

#1
windows version welkinsuite

luke.humphrey

    Posted 12 Apr 2017

    I am having an issue where I can't pull latest from salesforce, I keep getting an error (image attached)


    I had made a change to our salesforce code before pulling code from svn, I built the change back to SF and then went to check in my changes to SVN, svn told me I needed to update  from svn so I did that, I fixed a conflicting issue and then decided to repull from sales force and reattempt my checkin to svn, when I attempted to pull from saleforce I got the error message attached.


    I then figured something got hosed so I renamed that project directory to "{dirName}.broken" and pulled a new directory from SVN, I then opened welkin suite and attempted a pull from salesforce and got the same error message, at this point it seems I can no longer pull from salesforce? How do I fix this?


    Thank you.


    Attached Files


    4 replies to this topic

    #2

    luke.humphrey

      Posted 12 Apr 2017

      I was actually able to successfully pull from salesforce when I changed the metadata I was subscribed to.

      I right clicked my project and chose Project Metadata components, the apply button was grayed out so I selected workflows and then deselected it, I then clicked apply, Welkins Suite did some stuff and then I was able to pull from salesforce and checkin to SVN successfully.




      #3

      kate.dulko

        Posted 13 Apr 2017

        Hi Luke,


        Thank you for contacting us with this issue and for your update.


        According to the log files which you sent in the bug report, when you was pulling latest from Salesforce the IDE detected two files with the same name related to one metadata type. This was the reason for the failed pull.

        After your actions, the list files for pulling was refreshed and the issue was solved.


        Our developers will investigate why such cases can occur.


        Thank you,

        Kate





        Kate Dulko
        Customer Relations

        The Welkin Suite

        twitter: @KateDulko
        skype id: d_katerina
        e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

         

          


        #4

        luke.humphrey

          Posted 14 Apr 2017

          Hi thanks for your reply, I actually had the issue again, I had closed welkins suite yesterday and got back into it today, I then tried to pull latest before doing any work and I got the same error, I then repeated my steps with the metadata and was able to pull. I definitely do not want to have to do this every time I open welkins suite so if you know of a more permanent way I can fix this I am all ears.


          thank you!



          #5

          kate.dulko

            Posted 19 Apr 2017

            Hi Luke,


            Thank you for your update.


            Our developers have found the reason for the issue. It was related to pulling the folder metadata from Salesforce.

            We will include the fix to the nearest version of The Welkin Suite - Spire R13 which we are going to release today or tomorrow.


            Please let us know if the issue would be reproduced on the updated version of the IDE.


            Thank you,

            Kate


            Kate Dulko
            Customer Relations

            The Welkin Suite

            twitter: @KateDulko
            skype id: d_katerina
            e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

             

              





            Boost Your Productivity. Get Started Today

            Try Free Trial