The Welkin Suite Forum

Error when pulling: Parameter name: path2 can not be null



Error when pulling: Parameter name: path2 can not be null

  • Please log in to reply

#1
windows version welkinsuite

drew.snyder

    Posted 07 Dec 2017 and edited 08 Dec 2017

    I have no idea what is going on here. I've run a search on the project to see if this is a parameter in the instance and couldn't find anything. I did a search in the sandbox to see if it was added by another user in the instance it doesn't exist. 


    Error Window.



    5 replies to this topic

    #2

    joachim.roesecke

      Posted 08 Dec 2017

      Hi

      We are having the same issue. It seems to be connected to the recently introduced functionality to include components from managed packages. Currently, this forces our administrators to switch to Salesforce to do anything related to objects.

      Regards, Joachim



      #3

      jmkurtz

        Posted 08 Dec 2017

        Same issue here... Try to "Pull from Salesforce" and greeted by this error this morning... It was fine yesterday. I had the Welkin upgrade dialog popup this morning so I'm assuming this issue is related to the new update(s).




        #4

        kate.dulko

          Posted 08 Dec 2017

          Hi guys,


          Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

          We have found a reason for the issue and it is related to the folder metadata types (like Dashboards, Reports, and Emails) and their presentation in a project file.

          Our developers will work to solve this in the next version of The Welkin Suite Bloom.


          Currently, as a workaround, you can re-create a project and the issue won't be reproduced since the issue applies to existing TWS projects only.

          The second way to solve the issue is to delete all entries related to the Dashboards, Reports, Emails metadata types in a related project file to continue a work on your existing project. If this is acceptable to you, please follow the next steps:

               1. open the project file - you can easily navigate to it using the 'Open Folder in File Explorer' option from the context menu of the project in the Solution Explorer;

               2. open the '*.sfproj' file using any text editor;

               3. using the search for '.dahsboard', '.report', '.email' find all the entries and delete them;

               4. save the file and reopen your project in the IDE; the project won't contain these files.


          After this, you can add the necessary files to your project pulling them from Salesforce, and proper entries would be created in the project file - the issue won't be reproduced.


          If you have any additional questions, please let us know - we'll be happy to answer them.


          Thank you,

          Kate


          Kate Dulko
          Customer Relations

          The Welkin Suite

          twitter: @KateDulko
          skype id: d_katerina
          e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

           

            

          • 2

          #5

          jmkurtz

            Posted 08 Dec 2017

            Thanks - removing the entries from my project file and re-pulling from salesforce worked. Thanks for a quick reply on this.


            Jeff



            #6

            kate.dulko

              Posted 08 Dec 2017

              Hi Jeff,


              Thank you for your update.

              I'm happy that the workaround could help you to solve the issue and now you can pull your files from Salesforce without the error.


              Have a nice weekend!

              Best Regards,

              Kate


              Kate Dulko
              Customer Relations

              The Welkin Suite

              twitter: @KateDulko
              skype id: d_katerina
              e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

               

                





              Boost Your Productivity. Get Started Today

              Try Free Trial