The Welkin Suite Forum

IDE upgrade to 0.24.13.4 caused last opened Project Corrupt

IDE upgrade to 0.24.13.4 caused last opened Project Corrupt

• Please log in to reply

varunchaddha

Posted 11 Dec 2015

I had IDE set to open last opened project. So when I started my IDE it notified that it has been updated to the new version but then it threw this error.

2015-12-11_1442.png

Can I fix the project file without re-creating it? I suppose re-creating will threw away all local history of file changes or is there a way I can copy the file change history to new project?

2 replies to this topic

varunchaddha

Posted 11 Dec 2015

Ok I got it resolved myself. I restored the .sfproj file from my previous backup and pull newest data to make the same project a working copy.

kate.dulko

Posted 11 Dec 2015

Hi.

Thank you for your posts. 

Starting from the 0.24.13 we have blocked usage of projects which are corrupted and may lead to unpredicted TWS behaviors or errors. This means that the project you are trying to open now was probably corrupted in one of the previous versions.
        The main reason why the project might be marked as damaged is files duplication - some of the files in the project are duplicated in the project file itself due to another issues.

In general there is no simple way to move the local history or repair the project file. But we may suggest you such way to try to repair the project:
        1. Try to open the corrupted project in The Welkin Suite.
        2. After you receive the message open Help->Report a bug, find the "Attach Log file" checkbox in the bottom of the window and click "ActivityLog.xml" link - you will see Activity log file.
        3. In the log file look for messages with text like "The files with id '%SOME_ID_HERE%' are duplicated"
        4. Open ".sfproj" file in the text editor and look for that ID's in it - you will find some entries for each of them and you will need to decide which of them to remove.
        5. To remove files from the project file you will need to remove the whole block of the file. They will look like:
        • <Compile...>...</Compile> - for classes; additionally <None...>...</None> - for metadata;
        • <Object...>...</Object> - for objects;
        • <Static...>...</Static> - for static resources. 

After all these action you can try to open the project and pull changes.
        You can write us if you have any questions about these steps.

We will appreciate if you can share with us info on what types of files were duplicated in your project and it will be really great if you remember if there was something special about that files.

Thanks,
        Kate

Kate Dulko
        Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

twitter: @KateDulko
        skype id: d_katerina
        e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

Boost Your Productivity. Get Started Today

Try Free Trial