The Welkin Suite Forum

Installation Error: MSI error code is 1603

Installation Error: MSI error code is 1603

• Please log in to reply

windows version welkinsuite

codysechelski

Posted 11 May 2017

I am trying to install the trial version and I orriginally recieved the following error:

The Welkin Suite Setup failed to install prerequisites. Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Shell (Isolated) Installation failed with error code 1603.

I downloaded and intalled MS VS 2013 Shell from the link provided here:

https://welkinsuite.com/bug-reports/failed-to-installed-vs2013-isolated-shell-automatically/#entry_21698

I then tried to install TWS again and received the follwoing message:

The Welkin Suite installation failed. MSI error code is 1603

Any ideas?

Attached Files

10 replies to this topic

d.slagman

Posted 11 May 2017

I have the same issue!

kate.dulko

Posted 11 May 2017

Hi guys,

Thank you for contacting us with this issue.

There are several reasons for the error with the code 1603. This is why I kindly ask you to send us the 'TWS_Installation.log' file. It is located in the next folder: %LocalAppData%\TheWelkinSuite\Installation\.

Also, we will greatly appreciate if you could send us the 'IsolatedShell*.txt' log files, there can be several of them. These files are located in the %LocalAppData%\TheWelkinSuite\Installation\TWS_Prerequisites_Logs folder.

In addition, may I please clarify with you if the error is reproduced after you restart your computer and launch TWS installation again.

Thank you,

Kate

Kate Dulko
        Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

twitter: @KateDulko
        skype id: d_katerina
        e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

d.slagman

Posted 11 May 2017

I attached to log. This was the only one I could find and was located in: %LocalAppData%\TheWelkinSuite\Installation. After a reboot and running the installation again it still failed.

Attached Files

kate.dulko

Posted 11 May 2017

Hi Derk,

Thank you for your log file.

May I please clarify with you if you had the installed TWS on this computer previously?

If no, can you please install the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Shell (Isolated) separately using the link? After this please reboot your computer and continue TWS installation.

Also, we have noticed that you have the space symbol in the folder name. This can be the reason for the issue. If this is acceptable for you, can you please rename the folder name to remove the space symbol?

Thank you,

Kate

Kate Dulko
            Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

codysechelski

Posted 11 May 2017

I also could only find the TWS_Linstallation.log. Please see the attached.

I beleive I might have had a beta version of TWS installed some time ago that I later uninstalled. But I can't be sure if it was on this machine or not.

Also, I do have a space in the %LocalAppData%\ folder. This is my user folder in the root c:/windows/users. I would really prefer a solution that did npt involve renaming that folder if possible.

Thanks,

Cody

Attached Files

kate.dulko

Posted 11 May 2017

Hi Cody,

Thank you for your response and for your log file.

Our developers will solve the issue related to the failed installation due to the space symbol in the nearest version of the IDE.

Also, there is one more error in your log file and this is related to the insufficient privileges to start The Welkin Suite Auto-Updater service. 

I kindly ask you to open your Services manager and check if The Welkin Suite Auto-Updater service is present in the list. If yes, please start it manually. 

Please share the result of your actions with us so our developers could investigate the issue you are faced with deeply.

Thank you,

Kate

Kate Dulko
                Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

d.slagman

Posted 12 May 2017

Installing the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Shell (Isolated) seperatly and rebooted. That did the job! Thanks.

kate.dulko

Posted 12 May 2017

Hi Derk,

Thank you for your response with the update.

I'm glad that now you can continue your working process with The Welkin Suite IDE.

If you would have any other questions, please contact us. We will be happy to assist.

Our developers will solve the installation issue in the nearest version of the IDE.

Regards,

Kate

Kate Dulko
                    Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

dluk49

Posted 25 May 2017

I am having install problems also. Attaching TWS_Installation file. I do not have any logs. It would be nice to get some support. This looks like an amazing tool, don't understand why there is an issue with instllation.

Attached Files

kate.dulko

Posted 26 May 2017

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us with this issue.

The reason for the failed installation, in this case, is related to the failed starting of The Welkin Suite Auto-Updater service.

I kindly ask you to check your security policy settings and set up them to the required by the IDE (Security Policy).

Also, may I please clarify if you have any antivirus software installed on your computer. Some of them can block the start of the Auto-Updated service. We have contacted them today and they will add The Welkin Suite files and services to their whitelist.

In this case, you would have a possibility to install the IDE after updating antivirus database.

Thank you,

Kate

Kate Dulko
                        Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

Boost Your Productivity. Get Started Today

Try Free Trial