The Welkin Suite Forum

[Solved] 0.27.5.4: Code completion can't be turned off for non-apex files?

[Solved] 0.27.5.4: Code completion can't be turned off for non-apex files?

• Please log in to reply

amnon.kruvi

Posted 09 Mar 2016

So I've just started using Welkin and I'm very pleased with it so far; about 100x better than the experience on Eclipse.

I've noticed that, despite having turned Code Completion off, I still get suggestions as I type. Worse still, they are pre-selected and therefore my code changes as I type it, which is really slowing me down having to go back and edit everything I type (if I even notice it in time). This happens in .page and .js files, but not in .cls files (I'm assuming since I turned it off).

I was able to disable it for .page by exporting the settings and tinkering with the file, but I'm still stuck with .js files. Is there a workaround for this?

3 replies to this topic

kate.dulko

Posted 09 Mar 2016

Hi Amnon,

Thank you for your appeal.

Currently there is no ability or workaround to switch the Code Completion settings for Javascript.

The task to implement these settings is already present on our agenda.

I'll inform you when this issue will be solved.

Regards,

Kate

Kate Dulko
      Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

twitter: @KateDulko
      skype id: d_katerina
      e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

amnon.kruvi

Posted 09 Mar 2016

Thank you, Kate, I will keep my eyes peeled for it.

It's just so much more convenient being able to edit my files straight from the IDE, I can see this being a "How did I live without it?" feature.

kate.dulko

Posted 15 Jun 2016

Hi Amnon,

I want to inform you that we implemented an ability to enable/disable the Javascript Code Completion in the settings.

You can do this the next way: Main Menu -> Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Code Assistance -> Javasrcipt.

In addition, there are a lot of improvements in the Apex Code Completion functionality. We are going to improve Javascript Code Completion functionality also.

This is available for you beginning from the 0.29.7 version of the Welkin Suite.

Regards,

Kate

Kate Dulko
          Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

twitter: @KateDulko
          skype id: d_katerina
          e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

Boost Your Productivity. Get Started Today

Try Free Trial