The Welkin Suite Forum

SOQL Query Builder --> Export CSV 2000 Item limit

SOQL Query Builder --> Export CSV 2000 Item limit

• Please log in to reply

windows version welkinsuite

Triopticon

Posted 24 Apr 2019 and edited 30 Apr 2019

Hi,

What is point with the 2000 item limit on export to CSV when using SOQL Query Builder?

Is this a bug?

I have a case with 7906 items, and used the Get More button.

It only export 2000 items even how manu itemes you have loaded, only uses the last batch of 2000 items making it return 1906 when you have loaded all the data.

In your documentation it is not stated any limitation: https://docs.welkinsuite.com/?id=windows:how_does_it_work:tools_in_tws:soql_executor:start

If you need to save a query result, click on the Export to CSV. This applies as for all those entries, that you've loaded during clicking Get more button, so for a separate subquery result also. Additionally, you can copy any value from results using the context menu of the particular cell or by double-clicking it.

Another example with 3353 items, and loading all items using the Get more button and than export to CSV file only export the last 353 items.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

-Albert Einst

Cheers,

Kenneth Soerensen

2 replies to this topic

kate.dulko

Posted 24 Apr 2019

Greetings,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your investigation with us.

This is a known issue and we have this in our development backlog. Our developers will work on this in of the future versions of the IDE.

Currently, as a workaround, you can use the following steps to export all the records from SOQL query results:

1. please execute your SOQL query;
      2. when you get results, please export to CSV - you will get part of the records in a file (near 2000 rows);
      3. after this, please click 'Get more' and then export to CSV again, and please export to another file - in this case, the IDE will export next part of results.

Hope this helps.

If you have any additional or any other questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Also, we will keep you updated when the issue is solved.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Kate

Kate Dulko
      Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

twitter: @KateDulko
      skype id: d_katerina
      e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

Triopticon

Posted 30 Apr 2019

Hi Kate,

I would still regard this behaviour a bug, or at least a very annoying feature that is not very helpful for data export tasks.

And it is not a very intuitive behaviour.

I was very impressed by the Welkin Suite in the beginning, but not anymore.

I have earlier addressed the lack of a code completion / IntelliSense in the IDE. This is something alone is so annoying that I have stopped using it for any coding work, as VS Code with the also flawed Salesforce Extension by Salesforce is just that much better.

In generally the development experience with Salesforce is awful at best, when coming from a C# and .Net development experience.

I was hoping to see the Welkin Suite be the one toole/IDE that would be a game changer in the Salesforce developer experience. It have so fare not been, and have been a disappointing experience.

It can handle some admin tasks better than Salesforce GUI can, like FLS.

But my impression in the end of the day, is that you are more focused on implementing expensive 3 party solution a lot of us do not care about, and features for your internal pleasure than developing a good IDE.

I hope you will shift your focus to the best of the product and developer experience in the future.

Best of luck!!

Cheers,

Kenneth

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

-Albert Einst

Cheers,

Kenneth Soerensen

Boost Your Productivity. Get Started Today

Try Free Trial