I just started getting the same error I was getting when trying to build a single Visualforce page that has a component, but when I try to build selection on just a component.
Same steps as before:
- Make a change to a Visualforce component
- Build Selection (or Build Solution)
- Receive "Parameter "message" cannot be null." error
- Make an additional change to an Apex class
- Build Solution
- Build completes successfully.
Not a showstopper because of the easy workaround, but it is a hindrance at times.