The Welkin Suite Forum

Welkin Bloom SFDX Installer crashes with exit code -532459699 (on Windows 7 SP 1)

Welkin Bloom SFDX Installer crashes with exit code -532459699 (on Windows 7 SP 1)

• Please log in to reply

windows version welkinsuite

donald.macleod

Posted 15 Sep 2017

Hi there,

I am trying to install a trial version of the Welkin Suite IDE on my Windows 7 Service Pack 1 desktop machine at work but the installer process terminates immediately every time. I can see the process starting in task manager and then immediately stopping after about a second. Looking at Process Monitor the process exits with exit code -532459699. I've attached a csv file dump of the Process Monitor entries that did not have SUCCESS status (file too big to upload when SUCCESS entries included) if that might help. Would anyone be able to shed some light as to what might be causing this failure?

Regards,

Donald

Attached Files

2 replies to this topic

kate.dulko

Posted 15 Sep 2017

Hi Donald,

Thank you for contacting us with this issue.

I kindly ask you to check if there is the 'TWS_Installation.log' file in the next folder: %LocalAppData%\The Welkin Suite\Installation\ ? If it is present, please share it with us.

Also, can you please check if your user account has rights to write into the 'C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Temp' folder?

In addition, may I please ask you to download TWS installer file again and repeat the installation - I'm asking about this because one of the possible reasons for the failure can be the broken installer file itself.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you!

Kate

Kate Dulko
      Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

twitter: @KateDulko
      skype id: d_katerina
      e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

donald.macleod

Posted 15 Sep 2017

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Kate. I looked in my %LocalAppData% directory and there wasn't a directory in there called "The Welkin Suite".

Things are pretty locked down on our machines here but I have been given admin rights on my machine. I was able to create a file in my 'C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Temp' folder. 

I have installed a number of other programs, including some pretty obscure ones, without issues and they have been able to create directories in the %LocalAppData% directory. I asked our IT guy if there's any way our Sophos Antivirus protection installation might be preventing the installer from executing but he said it should install ok if nothing was flagged up when it was downloaded. Not sure if the installer process might be exiting exactly at the point that it is trying to create the "The Welkin Suite" directory in my %LocalAppData% folder as I couldn't see anything related to this in the Process Monitor logs but it is definitely seems to be exiting at some stage on or prior to the attempt to create this directory given that the directory isn't there.

Unfortunately I already tried installing with a re-downloaded installer a couple more times but the same issue occurred each time.

Boost Your Productivity. Get Started Today

Try Free Trial