The Welkin Suite Forum

Windows 10 1809 update + TWS Update leaves TWS deleted from my machine

Windows 10 1809 update + TWS Update leaves TWS deleted from my machine

• Please log in to reply

windows version welkinsuite

gtasker

Posted 19 Apr 2019 and edited 22 Apr 2019

This morning I had a corporate push of Windows 10 1809. After multiple reboots of my machine, TWS was almost completely gone from my machine

The main folder and sub-folders were there, but all other files in all the folders were gone, except for one file with a 0 size:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Welkin Suite\The Welkin Suite\Extensions\Application\CefSharpLog.txt

Welkin Suite was running on my machine when the Windows 10 installation began, and when Windows told me I needed to reboot, I shut everything down normal (TWS prompted me to save my solution file, which I did).

I just re-installed TWS, and I see that Bloom 27 update came out today.   I had had TWS running on my machine for 2 days, so I had not seen anything about there being updates for TWS ready to install.  And there was no message when I shut the app down about there being an update.

My MRU of projects is still on the machine, and I was not prompted to re-enter license info, so I think the re-install of TWS has me back to where I was, plus the Bloom 27 update.

Likely not a common occurrence of both happening at once, but wanted to let you know

1 replies to this topic

kate.dulko

Posted 22 Apr 2019

Hi George,

Thank you for sharing the case which you were faced with and for all the details.

Exactly on Friday, we released the latest version of the IDE, and this looks like that the updating process matched with updating of your OS.

Here you can find the info on the auto-updating process of the IDE, and probably the reboot of your machine took the place when the IDE was loading new files from our server.

If this happens again, you can download the latest installer and install the IDE again, or please contact us if this cause any issues.

I hope you like our latest updates, and soon we are going to add more new options and fixes.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Kate

Kate Dulko
      Customer Relations

The Welkin Suite

twitter: @KateDulko
      skype id: d_katerina
      e-mail: kate.dulko@welkinsuite.com

Boost Your Productivity. Get Started Today

Try Free Trial