Buddy, I've tried all sorts of apex tool and everything out there is a disaster. After developing on .NET for years, apex development is a pain in the ass. Welkin makes a serious difference but there are a couple of things to make it even better.
1) the code completion could use several improvements
- public, static and other keywords are not being picked up
- a lot of properties are not being picked up, but sometimes even too much of them are being picked up. When I instanciate an object I can either not see any of the properties or even all of them including the once that are private without the testvisible predicate. I would suggest to have visible only what should be visible.
2) overseeing the tests and triggering new ones would be really useful.
3) regex search support in the solution explorer's search, or at least asterisk (*) character wildcard.
4) "Go to definition" would be amazing
5) "Show all references" would be even better. In apex development, we often have really big problems with the impact analysis while making changes.
As I can see, you had a pattern of delivering updates and new versions on a 2 week basis. I can see that you missed that. Please tell me you did not stop working on it. I understand that this is a lot of work, but hang in there. You are doing an amazing job. If you would like, I would be glad to help you out with Welkin.