anyone has any idea on how to delete classes in production using twks just like how it works in eclipse?
Posted 27 Oct 2017
Thank you for your question.
Currently, you can use the next flow to delete files on your production organization:
1) please create a project related to any another organization (or related to your production sandbox); if you are working with the sandbox, please don't download the files which you are going to delete on the production org to this TWS project;
2) navigate to the Main Menu -> Project -> Deploy to Organization;
3) enter the credentials from your production;
4) at the next stage, you will see the list of files from both: your current TWS project and the remote org;
5) you can use the filter for the Action column and select the 'Delete' item - as a result, you will get the list of files which are absent in your current TWS project and which are present on your production;
6) please select the necessary files which you want to delete and proceed the deployment process.
In the nearest future. we are going to change a little bit the mechanism of the deployment process and you will be able to do the same working on the project related to your production without switching to any other - right now there is no ability to deploy to the same org in the IDE.
Please let me know if this works for you or if you have any additional questions.
The Welkin Suite
Posted 02 Nov 2017
I'm happy to inform you that already now, beginning from the recently released Bloom R11, this flow is easier:
you can deploy to the same organization, so now you can create a TWS project related to the same production org where you need to delete files; in this case, please just don't download these files to your TWS project and during the deployment process you will have an ability to select them for the 'Delete' operation.
If you would have any questions, just let me know. I will be happy to answer them.
The Welkin Suite