I've been trying TWS for about a month now. It was hard for me to make the plunge, but I forced myself to do it, and I'm mostly not sorry. The IDE is a great IDE. Everything about it is much more fluid, faster and more convenient than what I'd been using until now (Sublime 3 +MM).
However, there are nits to pick. I will list them here, hoping that it's just a matter of configuration and other people can provide solutions. If no solution presents itself, then maybe I'll open a thread in the feature requests.
Also, feel free to add your own nitpicks.
I guess what it boils down to is that I hate everything about the text editor. Coming from Sublime I have high expectations of my text editor, and sadly TWS does not deliver. Here's a partial list of my grievances:
- Code completion is spotty. In Sublime, once I type a variable name or field name it will prompt me to autocomplete the next time I start typing. TWS will not. The only text completion it offers me are functions and sometimes variable names. I haven't yet been able to nail down when it offers me variable names and when it doesn't.
- Code completion for functions. MM will give me the parameter list for functions, including their type. TWS does not.
- Bracket closing. I finally found the setting for this, the cure is worse than the disease. It only seems to work on round brackets (definitely does not work on curly brackets), and even then, if I accidentally type the closing bracket, I get an orphaned close bracket. I expect the text editor to close my brackets for me, and disregard when I close it myself. I also expect this to happen to any and all brackets, especially curly brackets.
- Newline+tab. When I start a function, open a curly bracket and drop a line, I expect to be indented one more tab than the line above. This never happens.
- Colors. I've tried very hard to match the default MM color scheme (Monokai), but TWS doesn't seem to recognize the same patterns that Sublime does. Many of the dict items that appear in the Monokai theme are not to be found in the TWS settings UI.
I'll be the first to admit that these really are nitpicky, but it's the little things that can totally ruin your workflow, as well as your experience using some software.
So if anybody has any tips, solutions or additional grievances, feel free.