Thank you for your update with the result.
In this case, we can propose you to create this folder manually, and then we would have an ability to analyze the further behavior of The Welkin Suite.
If the IDE won't start properly again, we would ask you to send us your system logs for getting more detailed information about the process itself. Below I describe all the steps for both these operations:
1. let's create the folder 'mono':
1) open the terminal and run the command: sudo mkdir ~/.config/.mono - the folder 'mono' will be created;
2) please enter your user's password;
3) run the next command: sudo chmod uog+rw ~/.config/.mono - this will allow writing into the created 'mono' folder;
2. please launch The Welkin Suite IDE;
3. if the result would be the same as previously and the message 'Loading license information' won't disappear, please send us you system log files; if this acceptable for you, please follow the next steps:
1) please open the LaunchPad, enter the 'Console' - the Console application would be opened;
2) at the left part, in the 'Reports' list, please select the 'system.log' element;
3) open the context menu for it and select the 'Reveal in Finder' item - this will open the Finder with the selected 'system.log' file;
4) please send us this log file via email.
This file contains the information about each step of launching the IDE and all the exceptions or messages which would help us to find the exact reason for such behavior of the IDE during starting.
Since we haven't been faced with this issue before and it isn't reproduced for us, we greatly appreciate your help in our investigation.
Thank you for this.